For decades, immigration has been a very contentious issue in the United States. NumbersUSA is a pro-immigration advocacy organization that pushes for sustainable immigration. With its main offices in Arlington, Virginia, the organization was launched in 1996 by Roy Beck.
The move was related to the findings of two commissions sanctioned by the federal government to study the long-term effects of the increasing immigration rates in the US. In their conclusions, they recommended a significant reduction in the immigration rates. This is as uncontrolled immigration could result in loss of individual freedoms, quality of life, wages, and access to nature for Americans. Click here for more information.
Numbers USA Immigration Suggestions
Though it might not look like it, NumbersUSA is an advocacy group, that is is pro-immigration; but wants the immigration rates to be curbed to sustainable levels so that the limited economic and natural resources in the country are not diminished. Here its immigration suggestions:
- Encouraging immigration through overseas child adoptions and marriages, and nuclear family of spouses of US citizens
- Allowing a fair share of internationally recognized special needs refuges with priority given to those looking to settle in the country
- Increasing the immigration avenues for extraordinarily skilled foreigners whose expertise could be of national interest
- Reducing extended family immigrations
- Reducing the visa lottery immigration
- Cutting down on employment-based immigration for foreigners with skills that can be accessed locally
Since its founding, Numbers USA has participated in numerous lobbying endeavors to push for sustainable immigration legislation and policies. In 2015, it spent close to half a million dollars for such lobbying efforts in Congress. During the year, its lobbied more about 20 bills on sustainable immigration. Some of them are the Secure Our Borders First Act of 2015, Repeal Executive Amnesty Act of 2015, and Protection for Children Act of 2015. In 2016, it lobbied for about ten other immigration bills.
For more information about the organization, they can be followed on their Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter pages for updates and related information. Their YouTube videos also provide more information about the company.
More about NumbersUSA on https://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/tools/grades